Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Retro: Kimmer

Retro: Kimmer

Link to Retro: Kimmer

RETRO:KIMMER: AT HARMONIE PARK WITH RIKKI ST JAMES AND GLENN DEAN

Posted: 09 Feb 2011 08:16 PM PST


Glenn Dean & Rikki St James of The Motor City Bad Boys

I promised an exciting story for my birthday (yesterday) and I have one.... Tuesday (Feb 8) Rikki St James, Glenn Dean and I trekked into The Motor City to visit the legendary Masonic Temple and Harmonie Park Recording Studios. Who better to accompany me but two of the Legendary Motor City Bad Boys in person??



We were invited by Brian Pastoria to come in to see his awesome media building and talk more about his brand new Detroit Social Networking club U DETROIT. Brian added RK to his "Scene" section which is really hot. Thanks Brian!

After meeting with Brian and Julie Bach Harmonie Park's studio coordinator, we toured the studios and learned about their current expansions (lots!) under construction. Can't wait to visit when everything is completed. Stay tuned as I will definitely be there for that event!



The Bad Boys took me to a very cool Cuban Cigar Bar where it is illegal to smoke a cigarette but smoking Cubans is not only legal but positively encouraged. This bar was so cool. I attempted a giant martini which I hadn't tasted in 4 years... No Kimmer didn't fall off her bar stool but....whoo hoo! It was so much fun to see the Bad Boys together. I had heard so much about guitarist Glenn Dean. Was a fun guy! Totally impressed with Glenn Dean.


What a beautiful bartender! Lost her card!

Lovely bartender and she posed for me and then gave me her card and email which I lost... Probably the martini's fault! I will call tomorrow and find her info. What a doll!


Harmonie Park What A Gorgeous Facility Brian!!

I cannot begin to describe how cool this building is.. You just have to go downtown and see it. One day I want to live or have my offices in a building just like this one.


Brian Pastoria and Rikki St James

We hung out in Brian's office for a long time listening to his vision for U Detroit...


UDETROIT

Brian gave us a guided tour of U Detroit which I totally dig! Go to this cool Detroit online community and join today friend me while you're there!


Glenn Dean listening to Brian and Rikki


RSJ Julie Glenn



After the fun day touring Rikki took me to dinner for my birthday at a terrific Mexican restaurant called El Zacalo. The food was to die for and quite a charming place.



Check out how great this food looks! I had Chicken Fajitas, Rikki had Guisato De Puerko. Both were really great.



Here is a big picture of my birthday cake! Whoo hoo! Happy birthday was right... I had a blast and can't wait for the next fun adventure.... Tomorrow I will post the Masonic story.

No comments:

'Scary Fast' McLaren Senna Crashes Showboating Into Los Angeles Dealership

A car meant for breaking lap records on track isn't the best car for whipping donuts on Ventura. View in Browser   SHOP EXCLUSIVES ...