Thursday, March 10, 2011

Retro: Kimmer

Retro: Kimmer

Link to Retro: Kimmer

APRIL 19TH RON ASHETON TRIBUTE UPDATE

Posted: 10 Mar 2011 04:27 AM PST

IZ
Ron Asheton Photo: Heather Harris

Coming up very soon is the Ron Asheton Tribute Concert to be held April 19th at the Michigan Theater here in Ann Arbor. We will be attending... (YAY) Very exciting as I haven't seen the Stooges since the very early 70's.


Iggy and James Williamson Photo: Heather Harris

From the Ron Asheton Foundation Website

The mission of the Ron Asheton Foundation, is to continue the personalized style of charity work that Ronny spent so many years quietly doing in the Ann Arbor community where he had such strong ties. We will assure that his legacy, both as a great artist and a passionate animal lover, lives on for years to come by continuing to provide aid and support to the two things he was most passionate about. Animal families in need and Music programs for schools.

"My best friends are my four-legged ones" – Ron Asheton.

We are also thrilled to see our pal Deniz Tek again. Haven't seen him in person since we worked together on the Ann Arbor Rock n Roll Revival at the Blind Pig in December of 2009. Deniz brought his Dan Armstrong guitar for that show.


Deniz Tek and Dan Armstrong guitar

Deniz let me pick his guitar up out of the case and being that it was clear in color I thought it would be light! Not so.... almost dropped it! Cool looking guitar for sure. Not sure what guitar (s) Deniz is bringing to Ann Arbor yet. I will update this story when I find out.


Deniz Tek at A2 Rock n Roll Revival 2009

I am so excited to see Deniz play with his heroes. It is going to be a very special event on many levels. Ron Perry of the Detroit Rocks Project will be in town from Florida to film interviews and wants to interview me too. Should be a gas!



This show sold out so fast it was mind blowing. I got so many emails requesting tickets and of course I had nothing to do with this show other than I am lucky to be able to attend it.

Can't wait just to see the audience. I didn't request a photo pass or anything. I plan to just enjoy the night and not work. Of course I'll write about the experience the next day and hopefully I'll get some photos of the crowd and lobby.

Some readers are planning a Retrokimmer after Stooges gig party. We'll let you all know where we'll be asap. Can't wait!!! xxooK


Read More on RK

Deniz Tek Coming to Ann Arbor!
Official Iggy Statement
Ron Asheton Tribute Poster Etc.

No comments:

Immerse Yourself in England's Automotive Heritage on Road to Revival!

Join us on an epic eight-day adventure through England. If you are unable to view the images in this email click here ...