Monday, April 25, 2011

Retro: Kimmer

Retro: Kimmer

Link to Retro: Kimmer

RETRO KIMMER: "CHIZZY" MIKE CHISHOLM'S ART!

Posted: 25 Apr 2011 06:54 PM PDT


Artist and Promoter "Chizzy" Mike Chisholm

On my way back from Wyandotte this morning I got a call in my jeep inviting me to come out and shoot Chizzy at an art exhibit in Ann Arbor! How cool! Chiz was going to demonstrate his fabulous, glittery, glow-in-the dark technique live on stage at The Green Room not far from my home!



Chizzy is like a rock star of art! He never stops moving and it is very much like trying to shoot a lead singer. One big blur of action! He was simply fantastic to view! I am not kidding this was like going to a great concert!


The Green Room of Ann Arbor


Artist/Photographer Lesley Maki

My daughter shot a lot of this photos tonight... thanks Les!


Chizzy and pal Kimmer

Chizzy uses house paint, acrylics, glow paint, and lots of glitter! (Kimmer loves glitter)



Chizzy really loves the crowd and they love him right back. Simply fascinating to watch him demonstrate his art. Lesley, my artist/photographer daughter came out with me tonight to see Chizzy in action. Lesley shot a lot of these photos and I shot a bunch too.



We helped Chizzy set up his stage for the art demonstration at The Green Room which is a really cool church in Ann Arbor which is definitely not "normal". I heard a man on the microphone tell the congregation that they were not " normal". Well we love all that is NOT NORMAL now don't we?



Chizzy had a large crowd long before the show began. Lots of women gathered around this handsome charming artist...



Here I am video taping a bit of Chizzy's demo... Make sure to watch the video I shot tonight it was so much fun!



What an artist to see in person...



Chizzy loves people so much...



Love this shot of him



Charming Chizzy


Kimmer phot0 by Lesley Maki




Lesley and I got these cool cookies and just had to share them with my readers. How retro is that cookie???


John Gnotek and Kimmer

Got to meet a facebook friend of mine in person too! John Gnotek! He is a terrific photographer and all around sweet guy. It was a joy to meet and chat equipment with John. He is into web design and he and I have so much in common. I will write more about John's projects soon.



Kimmer never misses a Wishing Well!

No comments:

100+ STEAM Activities For Kids

Encourage Them To Be A Maker And A Doer View in Browser ...