Saturday, May 7, 2011

Retro: Kimmer

Retro: Kimmer

Link to Retro: Kimmer

SCOTT RICHARDSON AND KJ KNIGHT: THE FALLEN ANGELS

Posted: 07 May 2011 10:44 AM PDT


Scott Richardson

Hey gang! Got a really cool email today from Drummer KJ Knight and he sent me a song from the band The Fallen Angels... So when Scott R called today I got his take on the song "Big River" and KJ was so kind to give us some background on this band. Take a listen... I really like these tunes. Thanks KJ and Scott! xxooK

From Scott Richardson..

Fallen Angels was band we put together after hanging around London 73-74. Had the great Kj on drums, I don't remember where we recorded it but am happy to find out KJ had a copy of it.

I recorded Big River written by Bob Seger because I think it is one of his best songs. There is something about that song that really moves me. I have always loved it. The song sounds as good to me today as when he wrote it. Thanks KJ for sending this in... SR

Big River

Life is like a big river
sinkin' or swim, depends on you
you can take or you can be a giver
if you got love
you're gonna get through
once, a good woman loved me
I was kinda cruel, and she left me one day
now I'm cryin', she loves another
gotta go alone
the rest of the way
take, the advice of a loser
who's been livin' too long alone
follow your heart
follow your rainbow
and one day you'll find
you are not alone
Bob Seger


From KJ Knight

Kim This session was done at ABC Recording Studios, Inc at 8255 Beverly Blvd. Los Angeles, California in I believe 1975.We recorded three songs, "Big River," "Ride The Wind," and "Someone Like You." The Fallen Angels was a great band and loaded with talent!!!

The group featured Scott Richardson on vocals. Other members included: Richard Haddad Michaels on bass, Mike Nardone on guitar, and me, KJ Knight on drums. Scott Thurston, who later joined Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers, played keyboards on a couple of these tracks.

Big River



Ride the Wind



Someone Like You

FREEDOM.... JIMI HENDRIX AND NOY BURTON

Posted: 07 May 2011 06:12 AM PDT


Jimi Hendrix

One of my favorite anthems of my life is "Freedom" by Jimi Hendrix. This song reminds me so much of my dear friend Noy Burton. Back in the day we all hung out at a Submarine Sandwich place called Sub Villa in Ypsilanti, Michigan. I found one photo of that place...


The old Sub Villa

Sub Villa was the coolest place to hang after school... It had some booths, a pinball machine, pool table and a very cool jukebox. Noy used to come in and the first thing he did was hit the juke box and play Freedom by Hendrix... To this day I think of my friend whenever I hear that song.

Noy loved life and all it encompassed. He was a TV camera guy. One of the very coolest things Noy did for me happened from Cape Canaveral. Noy called me on the phone and let me listen to a Space Shuttle Launch. Man that was loud but so very cool. Thanks NOY for all the fun... XXOOK


Noy Burton

FREEDOM

You got my pride
hanging out of my bed
You're messin' around with my life
So I bought my ...
You even mess with my children
And you're screamin' at my wife, baby
Get off my back,
if you wanna get outta here alive

Freedom, give it to me
That's what I want now
Freedom, that's what I need now
Freedom to live
Freedom, so I can give

You got my heart
speak electric water
You got my soul
screamin' and howlin'
You know you hook my girlfriend
You know the drugstore man
But I don't need it now
I was trying to slap it out of her head

Freedom, so I can give
Freedom, yeah
Freedom, that's what I need

You don't have to say that you love
if you don't mean it
You'd better believe
If you need me
or you just wanna bleed me
you'd better stickin' your dagger in someone else
So I can leave
Set me free

I'LL BE ALRIGHT WITHOUT YOU... STEVE PERRY

Posted: 07 May 2011 05:17 AM PDT


Steve Perry....

Man how I miss Steve Perry... His voice so honest and pure. A guy who sang above love and you could believe him... Just found this killer video but I can't post it.. You can see it here and I love it so check it out HERE



I'll Be Alright Without You is one of my favorite songs and it never grows old for me. The lyric talks about getting on with life after a breakup. Put on a happy face and just get back to loving yourself, family and those dear friends that support you 24/7 and 365 days of the year.

Steve Perry's Fan Page is fun

Whatever Happened to Steve


Stephen Ray "Steve" Perry (born January 22, 1949) is a Portuguese American singer and songwriter best known as the lead vocalist of the rock band Journey from 1977–1987 and 1995–1998. Perry had a successful solo career throughout the late 1980s and early '90s.

Perry was named the 76th greatest singer of all-time by Rolling Stone on its list of "The 100 Greatest Singers of All-Time".Allmusic said of Perry: "If only one singer could be selected as the most identifiable with '80s arena rock, it would have to be Journey's Steve Perry."

Steve was the frontman for the rock group Journey, who lasted for 14 years and whose breakthrough album Escape yielded 3 top 10 singles and sold nine million copies.

Perry resides in Del Mar, California.

No comments:

For Consumers and Enthusiasts Alike

Accelerate your passion. Car and Driver Magazine is t...