Thursday, May 19, 2011

Retro: Kimmer

Retro: Kimmer

Link to Retro: Kimmer

CHRISTOPHER WALKEN SINGS DELILAH!

Posted: 19 May 2011 08:56 PM PDT


Chris Walken

I just love Chris Walken's videos here are my three favorites...





POUNDING PUNK DRUMMER STEVE GODOY!

Posted: 19 May 2011 04:40 PM PDT


Steve Godoy

One of my very favorite hard hitting drummers ( I know a few..) is Steve Godoy of California. I met Steve via our mutual friend guitarist Deniz Tek.

Steve was coming to town and his twin brother Art Godoy (I blog for him) called me and asked me to go meet Steve at the Corktown Tavern. Steve was on tour with The Bermondsey Joyriders from England. Great band!


Steve begins the set

So Stanley T. Madhatter and I made the trek downtown to meet Steve and his bandmates. We walked in and Steve immediately spotted us and came right over. What immediately hit me were those amazing blue eyes.. and soft spoken voice. So polite and sweet natured... or so it would seem... LOL


Steve Madhatter Gary Lammin and Marty Stacey

When the band began to play Steve began drumming with his black tee shirt on. I turned away for a minute and girls... it was gone..

\
Steve is also a Guinness World Record holding tattoo artist

Wow! One of my best friends said she didn't care for tattooed guys... I told her, "Trust me Robin, you won't care!" (She got over it after watching my video)



By the way the sticks Steve was pounding with belong to me now and live here at Retrokimmer's Rancho Deluxe. My readers know that I collect sticks from all my favorite drummers that I have the pleasure to meet. I have met a bunch. I'll shoot pics of them and do a story on just that.

Here is the man himself in action also with my dear one Stanley...



After the gig... I had the best time ever riding around the city with the band and Madhatter as the wheelman and tour guide. We took them to Lafayette Coney, The train station, Grande Ballroom, a Translove House and to the hotel as the last stop.


Art and Steve

The Godoy Twins are also world renown Pro Skateboarding Champions. We helped carry their stuff inside.. I carried Steve's deck. Doesn't get any better than that. I love my life! XXOOK


Steve and Kimmer (smiles)

Here is a funny little video of Madhatter singing with Guitarist Gary Lammin outside the Holiday Inn that night. I swear neither of them had a drop of booze...



all photos and video by retrokimmer

SEATBELTS NEED A KILLER OPENING BAND IN A2

Posted: 19 May 2011 03:10 PM PDT


Kimmer and Greg Upshur

Talked for a long time with Greg Upshur last night and the Seatbelts are looking for a hot Ann Arbor area band to open for them on June 11 at LIVE...

If you have a cool band or know one email me retrokimmer@gmail.com


SHOW INFO

Here is my FAVORITE SB SONG Baby Baby Baby

***NEW ORDER** FOR MACHINEGUN THOMPSON

Posted: 19 May 2011 01:42 PM PDT



New Order formed in Los Angeles after Ron Asheton left the Stooges and Dennis "Machinegun Thompson" left the MC5. NO produced the "Victim of Circumstance" album. The band definitely had a very powerful lineup: They failed to land a record deal and split up.

Ron Asheton
Dennis Thompson
Dave Gilbert
Jimmy Recca
Jeff Spry
Ray Gunn
Scott Thurston

Machinegun wrote "Sidewinder" and I have a ton of their old photos laying around my office so today we put them together.

Here is Sidewinder with Jeff Spry on vocals and not Dave Gilbert



Thanks to:
Dennis Thompson
Dee Gilbert
Phillipe Mogane
Sue Rynski

KILL THE IRISHMAN: THE MAN WHO CRUSHED THE MOB

Posted: 19 May 2011 12:25 AM PDT


Danny Greene "The Irishman"

This guy makes Tony Soprano look like boy scout. One tough guy to be sure and totally bullet proof. It took a master car bombing to take down this giant of the Cleveland Docks.



From Rick Porello's American Mafia Website

If you traced the fall of the Italian-American Mafia to one point in time and one place, it would be 1977 in Cleveland, Ohio. Numerous trials were sparked by a war of bombings for control of the underworld. In the end those cases produced unprecedented defections resulting in an increasing flow of intelligence and multi-agency investigations that culminated in historic convictions from Los Angeles to Kansas City, and Cleveland to New York City. The origin of the whole thing can be traced to one man, an outsider, in pursuit of power and fortune—an unlikely hero Danny Greene who came to be known as the Irishman.



I just discovered the Danny Greene story today and this guy really sounds like a fascinating man loved by his friends and family, who donated to the poor, paid under privileged children's school tuition, and managed to take down the Mob. Take a look at these videos, they are riveting...



Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

A movie was made about Danny Greene's personal vendetta against the Mob called " Kill the Irishman" It will be released on DVD June 14, 2011. Here is the trailer for the DVD



This sure looks like a spectacular cast as well. you can see the full cast and more HERE



If any of you RK readers have seen "Kill the Irishman" plz email me with your thoughts on this film plz retrokimmer@gmail.com Not sure how I missed this movie being that I am such a organized crime freak.

Here are some related books and DVDs

No comments:

For Consumers and Enthusiasts Alike

Accelerate your passion. Car and Driver Magazine is t...