Thursday, October 13, 2011

Retro: Kimmer

Retro: Kimmer

Link to Retro: Kimmer

THE TORPEDOS AND THE SEATBELTS

Posted: 13 Oct 2011 12:00 PM PDT



Hope to get out and see the fantastic Torpedos! Just love Mitch and the guys.... Also on hand are my great pals the Seatbelts! Lead singer Greg Upshur just sent me a cool song to share with my readers... My Little F 4 enjoy!!!

DENIZ TEK'S VIDEO VAULT VOL 4

Posted: 13 Oct 2011 06:57 AM PDT





Lightnin Hopkins, "Lonesome Road" 1960.

Lightnin Hopkins was one of my main early influences learning guitar. I used to learn his songs, copy his riffs.



Laura Nyro, "Poverty Train"

1967. Laura Nyro in a heart wrenching performance live at Monterey Pop. This, along with many other amazing outtakes from the movie, is out on DVD in the Monterey Pop Box Set.



Daddy LongLegs "Death Train Blues" 2011.

I saw Daddy Long Legs play in Brooklyn earlier this year and was blown away by the sheer energy. His killer blues harp playing will feature on some tracks on my upcoming solo album.

WHERE IN THE WORLD IS CHRISSIE SHRIMPTON

Posted: 12 Oct 2011 07:56 AM PDT


Chrissie Shrimpton

My friend Heather Harris of Fast Film fame emailed me the other day and mentioned model Chrissie Shrimpton the former girlfriend of Mick Jagger. She suggested I track down Chrissie and see what she is up to at this time.


Chrissie Shrimpton Mick Jagger

There is almost no information on her current life on the internet... That is pretty amazing considering her sister is super model Jean Shrimpton and she was a girlfriend of Mick Jagger. Odd isn't it? I wonder.... Where in the world is Chrissie? I am really good at online research too...



I did find this info:

Now 65, Miss Shrimpton, who dated Jagger from 1963 to 1966 and is the sister of model Jean, says: "I used to go to clubs in London and I would have a bar bill that he would pay but I had to go home at a certain time.


Mick and Chrissie

"He would often phone up and I was told I had to go home now. I would be taken to the car and he would ring at home at three in the morning. I kind of liked that.

"My role was to make him very kind of ordinary and it was my ordinariness that was my downfall because I was dumped because I was so uncool. I was told that all the time." Jagger is said to have written the song Stupid Girl in a jibe at Miss Shrimpton.



Rolling Stones' Wives and Girlfriends

Jagger's girlfriend until 1966, and said to be a favorite of his parents at the time. She is the sister of photographer David Bailey's favorite model Jean Shrimpton. Jagger left her for Marianne Faithful, and several years ago filed an injunction against her to prevent publishing his private love notes to her. Rolling Stones songs written about Chrissie: Under My Thumb, Stupid Girl, & 19th Nervous Breakdown. Their relationship was stormy at times...



No comments:

For Consumers and Enthusiasts Alike

Accelerate your passion. Car and Driver Magazine is t...