Monday, November 14, 2011

Retro: Kimmer

Retro: Kimmer

Link to Retro: Kimmer

SCOTT MORGAN VIDEO PICKS FOR 11-14-11

Posted: 14 Nov 2011 07:31 PM PST


Scott Morgan photo by Kimmer

Scott really picked some fine tunes tonight! Check these out.....

Pata Pata

In the Basement


Do You I Love


Wade in the Water


Iko Iko


I Can't Believe What You Say

DETROIT SINGER LORI KING REALLY KICKS IT!

Posted: 14 Nov 2011 08:27 AM PST


Lori King

Check this Detroit Soul singer Lori King.... I was sent info on Ms King by Tropical Jon so I took a listen... I totally love Lori's cover of "Signed Sealed Delivered" Take a listen.... Haven't met Lori yet but really hope to very soon....

Lori kicks em out and makes Detroit PROUD...



Lori King My Space
Lori King Facebook

AL GWYLLT (AKA JUSTIN KASE) AUDITIONS FOR AMERICA'S GOT TALENT!

Posted: 14 Nov 2011 06:04 AM PST


My friend Al just recently tried out for America's Got Talent in Tampa. He wrote about his experience below: Thanks Al!!! xRK

From Al....



The entrance paperwork that I downloaded was surprisingly lengthy: 12 pages in all. They were mostly about giving America's Got Talent, (From here on called AGT), complete autonomy on the use of my face, voice etc. for future use on TV, Ads, and promotions, which I happily signed off on.


The auditions were held at Tampa Bay Convention Center, more than 2 hours of driving. I was up at 3:30 AM and out the door at 4:30 am. I arrived just before 7:00.

The day was beautiful: 70 degrees and dry. The auditions were scheduled to start at 8:00 AM and the line waiting was already 200, but many contestants were under 18 so they had to have their parents and/or signed legal guardians.



In my backpack I had brought fruit, orange juice, water, etc. Couldn't take it in. They had cardboard bins for unopened items for donating to the needy. I had no problem with that, so I cleaned it out.


Balalaika

Next step; The first table outside a fellow had to inspect my bag and my Balalaika case. Next, there was a table where a guy was giving you your wrist bands that had AGT all over it.



Note: Al wasn't allowed to video or photograph while at the audition but he loves this video of a young guy playing Mario's Theme on a Balalaika below...

At a table was a fellow that instructed me to set everything down and remove all metal, much like you would do at an airport. I lifted my arms and while he was Linkscanning me I said, "I didn't realize that I would be leaving on a jet plane!" He laughed. And then I said, "But I'll let you know when I'll be back again." More chuckles. (Leaving on a Jet Plane Altered lyrics from Peter Paul and Mary).



By the time they began corralling us up the stairs to the receiving area there were almost 600 in line. When I walked through the doors I was astounded at how large it was! It was easily 10 times the size of the property that my house sits on!

I wasn't done yet. More tables. eventually I was direct to and lady that had finished up with one of the contestants. She had to check out my paperwork, see my photo ID, checked my number, and gave me another release for to sign which I would present to the audition people.

Now it was the waiting game. I bought some water and just walked around,: I had been sitting for 2 and half hours. The back half of the room had the tables and chairs, and were now becoming full. I now calculated that there were 800 people in the room.



Many of the younger ones were were rehearsing in faraway corners or near walls in my open area. Singers, 3 young break dancers, one teenage girl who was a belly-dancer walked past with her mother and dressed to the 9s!

Finally, they began calling out the numbers. The first group were #s 001-050. I was 141; the 3rd batch to be called. They directed us outside and down and around to some hallway underneath.

It was beautiful! They split us up into smaller groups and directed us to the judging rooms. Our room was 'A'. We were the solo musician/artists. The staff member started calling us one at a time. (I had overheard that one of the acts that had finished had 2 judges.). When it got down to the last 5 he wanted everyone to enter the room, and we required to stay and wait until the 5 of us were through before leaving.



When I walked in I found that there were 4 judges and a camera man. (The judges, I believe, were co-producers of the show.) There was a big, blue, 'X marks the spot' 10 feet in front of them. I was called 4th.

We had been told by the Judge Director to state our name, how old we were, where we were from, and what we were going to play.

I said, "I'm Justin Kase, I'm 56, I'm originally from Ypsilanti Michigan but now live in Punta Gorda, Florida." The Director held up his hand and asked, "Is that your real name?" I said, "I had changed it 16 years ago for the music biz. My birth name is of Welsh origin, and it's almost impossible to pronounce or spell."

"OK Justin Kase, what are you going to play for us?" I said, "My rendition of Tears of a Clown by Smokey Robinson on the Balalaika."

We had 90 seconds. I would give myself an 85% on the first ten seconds on the intro, but when I began to sing it all fell together rather nicely.


Piers Morgan Sharon Osbourne Howie Mandel

When we were done we were good to go home. They said that the contestants will be notified in the next month or 2--I believe they have to review the footage before making their decisions--and the ones that made it will have to come back for the 2nd round, probably in front of Howie Mandel, Piers Morgan and Sharon. Osbourne.

In the parking structure I ran into a guy that had played in the same room. He came up to me and said that at first he wasn't familiar with the song, until I began singing it. He complimented me on my unusual voice coupled with an unusual instrument.

He said that I did a great job. We yakked for about 10 minutes talking music, He's a song writer and gave me a CD and I gavhttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gife him my book's promotional card. He said he loves to read Sci-Fi and intends on looking it up. We parted ways and I drove home.
Link
All in all it was a great day... 12 hours from start to finish. Back in the saddle again? Al (Justin Kase)


No comments:

JUST IN! Best Activity Book for Kids⭐

75 exciting things to do all year round! If you are unable to view the images in this email click here 175...