Monday, April 4, 2011

Retro: Kimmer

Retro: Kimmer

Link to Retro: Kimmer

NOTE FROM RON HANNAH: JOHN FRAGA (RIP)

Posted: 04 Apr 2011 07:20 PM PDT


Fragas

Kim,

A sad day for me, to find that my old friend has passed away. I lived with John, his brother Jim who was also a bass player, Marc Marcano (Rockets) and Drew Abbott (Silver Bullet Band) for a few years back in the early 70s in an old farmhouse on Auburn Road.

What a house full of music that was, always a band rehearsing in the basement. I spoke with John by phone a few years ago, and found that his brother had died, also of a heart attack. John was simply the most kind gentle and funny man I've ever known.

I hope he and his brother have put together and all-bass band wherever they are. I've attached a photo of John and Jim from a party many years ago. Not a great photo, but if you want to post it, feel free.

Thanks for putting such a nice tribute up on your web site.

Ron Hannah

Thanks so much Ron for the lovely note. I have received a lot of really nice letters about John.

Read More about John Fraga

DENIZ TEK AND THE GODOYS TOUR AUSTRALIA!

Posted: 04 Apr 2011 02:33 AM PDT



From Photographer Emmy Etie:

Hi hi!
The show was awesome and Rob Younger (Radiobirdman) came on stage it was suddenly magical. One of my friends will make a review for a website and I will send them some photos.


(Video by Boris Zemljacenko)

I have a website: Emmy Etie Rock Photography But I also thought I could do another FB page with my photography. If people are interested in buying my prints they can contact me by email: emmy.etie@hotmail.fr

Thanks for your interest Kim, emmy

THANK YOU EMMY!!!!


(Video by Boris Zemljacenko)

Emmy Etie has shot some really nice photos of The Deniz Tek Group on tour right now down under. Wish we could catch one these shows! Would love to see Deniz with Steve and Art Godoy! Well we will get to see Deniz soon enough as he'll be here April 19th at The Michigan Theater in Ann Arbor. Deniz is playing with the Stooges and not as an opening act as I understand it.



Hope to meet Emmy one day, just love these shots so much. I should shoot some interview questions over to her today. Then we may be able learn a little more about her work.


Deniz Tek and Rob Younger


Deniz Tek and Rob Younger


My hunky friend drummer Steve Godoy!


Deniz Tek


Deniz Tek Art Godoy


The Deniz Tek Group - Whips & Furs (cover of The Vibrators) @ Espy, Front Bar, St Kilda (2nd April 2011)
from Carbie Warbie on Vimeo.




Steve Godoy Deniz Tek Art Godoy Andy Newman

No comments:

Get Your F1 Miami Tickets Here; Plus, It's Riding Season! Our Picks for the Best Motorcycle Gear

View in Browser   SHOP EXCLUSIVES SUBSCRIBE Welcome to The Shop, where Road & Track editors and the Hearst Autos Gear Team hig...