Friday, April 15, 2011

Retro: Kimmer

Retro: Kimmer

Link to Retro: Kimmer

RETRO KIMMER AND SCOTT MORGAN MEET LARRY NEWMAN

Posted: 15 Apr 2011 09:23 PM PDT


Kimmer and DJ Larry Newman

Had some big fun tonight folks! Scott Morgan and I went out to Banfield's on Jackson Rd to meet Dj/Bass player Larry Newman. Larry interviewed me and Scott last year on his radio show. We both had a great time on Larry's show.


Scott Morgan and Larry Newman

Larry didn't know that Scott was coming along with me tonight so he was pretty surprised!


Kimmer photo by Scott Morgan

Scott and I were playing with my new Sony Cybershot camera... Scott was into photography back in the day. He wanted to study photography at the University of Michigan but they didn't have the program he wanted back then.


Scott Morgan and fan Gordon

We ran into a big Scott fan Gordon who is a magician! Gordo the Magician did some magic for me as I love magic tricks.

We are all going to the Ron Asheton Memorial and that's why Larry is in town. So stay tuned for more on that show!

RETRO KIMMER: STOOGES GIG AND DETROIT ROCKS PROJECT!

Posted: 15 Apr 2011 06:09 PM PDT


Ron Asheton

Hey gang! Kimmer is gearing up for a really fun time this week. Thanks to my darlings Heather Harris and Natalie Schlossman for hooking me up with fabulous seats for the Ron Asheton Memorial on April 19 at the Michigan Theater. That night is going to be red hot! I can't wait to people watch in the audience, not to mention seeing my friends play too.


Ron Perry and Mitch Ryder

Have so much on the schedule that I hope I can keep up!! (Sure I can...) Going to go meet James Williamson. Plan on meeting with Ron Perry of the Detroit Rocks Project on Monday. He wants us to do an interview for his movie! That will be big fun!

Deniz Tek, Rikki St James and I am pulling out the stops to get Machinegun Thompson to come out for this film too. Heather Harris will be with me as well hopefully she snaps some very cool photos at the film shoot.

Designer/Detroit Rock aficionado John Varvatos of 315 Bowery (old CBGB's) is broadcasting live from the Ron Memorial for his Sirius / XM show Born in Detroit . JV will be interviewing Iggy and the Stooges, Deniz Tek, Henry Rollins, Scott Morgan, and asked me too! YAY

So tonight we are rocking out with Iggy and The Stooges!

ERIC POUILLE AND THE HOLY CURSE TOUR DATES

Posted: 15 Apr 2011 05:42 PM PDT


Eric Pouille and Mark Sisto

One of my favorite rockers that I have had the pleasure to meet is Eric Pouille lead vocalist for Holy Curse in France. I met Eric when Deniz Tek was in town for our Ann Arbor Rock N Roll Revival show 12/18/09. Deniz asked me to go out to Metro Airport and snag his friend who just landed.

When I walked into baggage claim I saw Eric immediately... He is very tall! So we had fun chatting on the ride back to the rehearsal studio in Ann Arbor.

Eric sang Deniz Tek's song "New Race" It was thrilling to see as the finale of the show. People came pouring into the Blind Pig from other nearby clubs. It was so much fun! I did capture it on video...



From Vinz Guilluy:

Hi Kim, here it is :

***Note that our "Last Waltz" coincidentally starts in a place called "The Waltzers" (rough translation), and ends @ "La Java" (which was the name of a popular version of waltz in France in mid 20th century).

The Holy Curse - Last Call for Drinks Tour 2011

To coincide with the release of their album "Take It as It Comes" on Turborock records, The Holy Curse will tour France in May-June 2011.

Dates:
19/05 Lannion @ Les Valseuses + Ultrabullit ***
20/05 Rennes @ Mondo Bizarro + Ultrabullit
21/05 Caen @ El Camino + Ultrabullit + Baya Populos
22/05 Cherbourg @ Kaluma
23/05 Orléans @ 5e Avenue
24/05 Toulouse @ Les Tilleuls
25/05 Montpellier @ Mojomatic
26/05 Marseille @ Machine a Coudre + Cowboys from Outerspace
27/05 Clermont-Ferrand @ Le Rubens + Ratzinger's Sins
28/05 Gigors et Lozeron (26) @ CBGC's + Elektrolux
12/06 Mery Corbon @ Harley Davidson festival (14)
17/06 Paris La Java + Ze Rippers ***

Have a great tour my friends! XXOOK

No comments:

For Consumers and Enthusiasts Alike

Accelerate your passion. Car and Driver Magazine is t...